You can now cast music at the background of your Android Smart TV
- Android TV based Smart TV has now become a popular choice for majority of smart TV users.
- Using your Android TV based Smart TV you can now cast music in the background while scrolling through app or content libraries.
- You can cast music from popular streaming platforms like YouTube Music, Spotify, etc.
Since the beginning, Google has worked to simplify our lives. From sorting our need for communication to launching collaborative and demonstrative apps to assisting our online streaming, Google has done it all and continues to do more!
Google has introduced multiple devices like Google Assistant, Google Home, Google pixel etc. to ease our everyday activities. One device that has been a true blessing is the Chromecast. Using Google Chromecast, you can stream platforms like Netflix, Amazon prime and more on your TV. from your smartphone. It’s a simple plug-in and plug-out device.
However, there are plenty of features that Chromecast lagged when it was initially introduced. For example, casting music at the background while browsing through home screen apps and libraries was not available. Now this feature may not bother all but it sure bothered the tech-savvy users. Catering to this need, Google recently announced that users can now cast audio in the background of their Android Tv-based Smart TV.
Until now, these smart TVs let you cast music from any device but that was allowed only via its Chromecast built feature. As a result, as soon as you come back to the home screen, the casting would stop. But thanks to Google, you can now cast the music in the background while you are searching through your content library. This update lets you multitask as you can cast music and at same time scroll through your apps or content libraries.
For many, this might not be a big of a deal but you will see the benefit of this feature once you actually use it to its full potential. Before you decide to cast the music in the background, keep these pointers in mind
- Users can cast music from YouTube Music and Spotify from their smartphones. Earlier this feature was made available only to Spotify users but now with the update, users can cast music via most of the popular music streaming platforms.
- In case you are casting a video from your phone that will cut away and not play in the background in case you switch to the home screen.
- Also, note that once you open another app to watch something, then the casting of the music will be paused.
- One downside of this feature is that it is available only to beta testers of Chromecast. Thus, you will have to be a part of the beta team to access this feature.