Below are a few signs that would let you know if your
phone is being monitored. Further, you can take necessary measures and protect your privacy from getting vandalized.
- Faster battery drainage – Since the spying app runs in secret mode would be active in the background all the time.
- Unwanted apps on your phone – Out of nowhere, if you find some apps on your phone that are not downloaded by you then there is a possibility that your phone has been tampered with. This unwanted app could be a spying app disguising as any other app.
- Overheating of the cell phone – The spying app is also capable of tracking the real-time location of your device. And for this, it uses the GPS functioning of the device which overheats it.
- Increase in data usage – Since your mobile data would be monitored by some other tool, it will also be sent remotely. This will drastically spike the data usage on your device. Always, check for an unexpected peak in data usage.
- Device malfunctioning – If your device has started to malfunction all of a sudden, then chances are that your phone is being monitored. Flashing of a blue or red screen, automated settings, unresponsive device, etc. could be some signs that you can keep a check on.
- Background noise while making calls – Some of the spying apps can record the calls made on the phone. To be sure, listen carefully while making a call. If there is slight background noise or echo, then there is a possibility that your phone has been compromised.
- Odd browser history – Check the browsing of your phone to know if your phone is being monitored. Someone must have opened a few links to download the tracking or spying app on your device.
Now when you know how to tell if your phone is monitored, you can follow the steps below and safeguard your device from being monitored:
- Factory reset your device
- Update your device
- Find out the spying app and delete it
- Install anti-virus app
- Protect your phone with screen lock screen, password, PIN, or fingerprint lock
- Does factory reset remove spy apps from the phone?
Factory reset also known as master reset involves resetting your phone back to factory settings. It erases all the data, settings, and applications that were previously on the device. Hence, you can get rid of the spy app too.
- Can a person read my text messages from their phone?
Yes, if someone has hacked your phone then he or she can surely read your text messages. And, to do the same one needs to install a tracking or spying app on your smartphone.
- Can someone spy through a phone camera?
Yes, you can be spied upon through the camera of your smartphone. There are several applications that can be found online that assist in spying on someone through their cell phone camera.
- Can a cell phone be hacked without the Internet?
Smartphones can be hacked without the Internet. Hackers may be able to sneak into your mobile just by analyzing the low-power electronic signals your device emits.
Can someone change the IMEI number of my phone?